La Justa Pulp

From human rights to the environment to politics to daily news that´s just downright bizarre. Everything outrageous that´s fit to print is printed on La Justa Pulp.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Personal Statement

So al Qaeda strikes again. People had to see it coming. First the US, then it´s two cronies in the War on Iraq, Spain and Great Britain. I knew it was coming, but that doesn´t mean that I was prepared to hear the news today that the London tube and a bus had been bombed during rush hour.

Man, I´m tired of being right. When Bush first came to office in 2000, I predicted on live radio that within two years of his Presidency we´d be at war, probably with a Mideastern country. It took him less than two years. I´ve made a variety of small predictions since that have all come true, but what happened today in the UK has made me think that maybe if I never open my mouth again, bad things will stop happening.

Just yesterday, I was talking to Jake, my English co-worker, about London getting to host the 2012 Olympics. I didn´t like the Olympic Committee´s choice (I thought Madrid should have won), but Jake was ecstatic, listing the lack of terrorism as one of the reasons why London was the appropriate choice (Madrid, unfortunately, has ETA to deal with). But I stopped him on that point. What about al Qaeda? Jake assured me that there had been attempts at terrorist actions, but that they had all been prevented due to good policing. I responded that some smaller plans may have been interrupted, but that I was sure that just as with the US and Spain, al Qaeda had something special planned for the UK, something big, and that when they least expected it, it was gonna hit hard.

Today Jake walked into the kitchen and said, "You were right."

I was shocked! Not may people ever say that to me. "Right about what?"

"You mean you haven´t heard? Four bombs went off in London today."

I was floored. I don´t have a tv or radio (which has actually improved my quality of life), so I had no idea about what had happened.

Now I´ve read the CNN articles, and all I can say is that I am so very sorry for the people of London. Nobody is safe anywhere anymore.

It´s times like these that make me so mad because I realize that the world and our lives are run by a small group of madmen. How would this world be different if it weren´t for George Bush, Osama Bin Laden, Donald Rumsfeld, Kim Jong-il, Dick Cheney, Jose María Aznar, Sadam Hussein, Tony Blair and all of their friends? I blame them all for the misery, the mistrust and the fear that they have brought to our world. And I hope that in the end justice is done. Karma can be a raging bitch, and these guys have it coming.

In the meantime, stay strong and keep up the good fight.

Love and peace,

La Justa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home