La Justa Pulp

From human rights to the environment to politics to daily news that´s just downright bizarre. Everything outrageous that´s fit to print is printed on La Justa Pulp.

Friday, June 17, 2005

How this all came to be

Most of you reading this right now probably know me, and hopefully, some of you don´t. Now I have a reason to introduce myself. I am La Justa, that über liberal creative type, spawned by Air America, George Bush´s dictatorship, punk rock, an urban, single parent upbringing and George Bush´s "democratic" second term. I´m an idealist and probably even a romantic (for as much as I´d hate to admit it). I don´t have money or connections or power, so I try to do my fair share of making the world a better place through education, sarcasm and a biting wit. But I´ve grown tired of sharing ideas and tidbits of strange information that I pick up traveling the world solely with friends and family (plus I think my information overload mass emails annoy them). I want my public forum. A place where people can come willingly to be entertained and informed. I want my own space to write about what makes me tick and what I think makes the world go round. I want you to laugh. I want you to be outraged. I want you to be pleasantly and unpleasantly surprised, because, afterall, surprises are what remind us we´re alive.
A long time ago I read a book about "pulp fiction," those racey, drugstore paperback, murder mysteries that were considered trash reading, but for as trashy as they may have been, their low grade, grainy paper captured popular American culture in a way no other medium has. And some of those stories were beautifully written works of art at bargain basement prices that inspire me even today. Everything that´s fit to print is fit to print on pulp.
Welcome to La Justa Pulp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home